Our comprehensive college planning process ensures a thorough evaluation to identify and narrow down your best fit colleges. We then ensure that your applications will be completed and submitted on schedule while helping you present yourself in the best possible light.
During our introductory meeting we’ll discuss options ranging from the comprehensive approach to a customized package or an hourly plan, taking into consideration your budget and your college planning goals.
Getting to Know You
- Review of academic history, testing, extenuating circumstances, and extracurriculars
- In-depth interview on college and major/program preferences and interests
- Assessment of aptitudes and interests
- Personality assessment
- Parent questionnaire
- College Match assessment and readiness determination
- College criteria evaluation and prioritization
- Assistance with independent college research utilizing reliable sources and professional college planning software
- Advice on using social media to your maximum advantage
- Campus visit planning, recommended approaches, worksheets, debriefings
- Explanation of federal and institutional financial aid
- Assistance with understanding FAFSA and the CSS Profile
- Explanation of how colleges use tools including merit aid and strategic enrollment management to attract their optimal mix of students
- Strategies for maximizing potential merit scholarships
- Cost comparison of U.S. colleges (in-state/out-of-state/private/) and international universities
- Advice on course selection for senior year
- Discussion about extracurricular and summer activities (employment, internships, job shadowing opportunities, etc.)
- Standardized test planning (SAT, ACT, SAT Subject Tests) – when to schedule, whether to re-take, test prep options, etc.
- Explanation of colleges’ admission and scholarship decision-making processes
College List Development
- Determination of major(s) or planned course of study
- Identification of good fit colleges based on findings from assessments, student and parent interviews, and student history
- Assistance with independent college research utilizing efficient and reliable sources to narrow down the list to 8-12 colleges, each of which would be a school where student would thrive
- Full student and family access to professional college planning software that provides the most comprehensive and up-to-date data on each college.
- Creation of a personalized timeline encompassing all steps of the process
- Timely reminders and task scheduling
- Support with the Common, Coalition, UC, CU and Institutional applications
- Determination of optimal application timeline for each college – early decision, early action, regular admission, scholarship consideration deadlines, etc.
- Coaching, guiding, planning, and appropriate editing of personal statements, supplementary essays, and short answer responses.
- Development and editing of activities list and resume
- College interview preparation
- Teacher recommendation letter planning
- Timely reminders and directions for sending transcripts, test scores and other required documents to colleges
- Ensuring applications and documents are completed and submitted on time
- Evaluation of admission offers and financial award packages
- Guidance on deferrals and wait-list situations
- Advice for maximizing success in first year of college
- College visit organization and planning
- Application and audition planning for students interested in music programs
- Gap year alternatives
- Summer programs – camps, internships, job shadows, travel experiences, etc.
- Assistance with private scholarship applications
- Applications to international universities in Canada or Europe